Saturday, November 12, 2011

Max

Max, I wish I knew you. I wish I had spoken to you, even just once. It seems like you were a truly amazing person. No one deserves this, but when it happens to someone who was so good, it’s just so confusing and hard to understand. 

I’m so sorry. So sorry. I wish there was something I could do. I keep playing these scenarios in my head where I could go back in time and somehow warn you, warn somebody, about what was going to happen this morning. I keep looking at your Facebook profile, at the last few things you posted, the last things you said to your friends, family, and girlfriend. How could you have known? How could anyone have known that your life would end so abruptly, so unnaturally? I hate the universe for doing this to you. It wasn’t your time and it’s not fair. It will never be fair.

I dedicate this precious day of my existence to Max Tinglof, who was taken from us and won’t get to live another day. I dedicate tomorrow to his sister and the next to his parents. It’s right that it rained today. The sky is mourning the loss of a great young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment