Sunday, November 6, 2011

Work out, shmurk out

Yesterday, I had one of those moments where you just feel overwhelmingly crappy about your body. Like, you feel as though you're whole body is a lump of mushiness and that you're starting to let yourself go.

It is in these types of situations where I get really motivated to start exercising... for a day.

I did the lot: push-ups, lunges, crunches, ab workouts. I even got my sister to hold my feet down while I did sit-ups. (Mind you, I did about three of each thing... I am hardly what you would call "athletic.") Now I'm in the hangover phase, where I am super sore and questioning my reasoning for yesterday's sudden burst of athletic energy. And, as usual in these situations, my brain seems satisfied enough with yesterday's workout session. My mind operates under the idea that I have sustained my body health for long enough, and that another similar workout regime won't be necessary for another... week? month? (a.k.a. the next time I feel like a mushy pile of bleh.)

I promise I don't have any serious body issues. I love my body and I have always had a surprising amount of confidence in my image, which is kind of weird for a teenage Angelino. But sometimes, you just feel gross. (I know other girls will understand.) So, until next time, soreness.

Such a shame. I really felt those abs coming in...

2 comments:

  1. I have those moments too. Where I'm like, "I'm going to take charge of my body image today! I'll go for a run!" And then I get around the block once and I want to die. And then I wait about 65 days, and do the same thing all over again. I normally feel ok about my body too, some days are worse than others. But I swear, every day I wake up and think, "Today's the day. Today's the day I'm going to start eating better and be healthier." But then I get out of bed, and I walk into the kitchen. And eat a whole pizza. (Just kidding.) (But really.)

    ReplyDelete